Friday, November 30, 2001
Friday Five, from Heather.
1. What did you have for dinner last night? I made tacos for all of us. And Godiva pumpkin cheesecake chocolates for dessert. Well, I didn't make those, Mason did. I'm so glad my brother's boyfriend works for Godiva!
2. Do you ever get up for a midnight snack? Never. Only for a drink of water once in a while.
3. What's your favorite dessert? Creme brulee - only if it's made right. Pumpkin pie with Cool Whip is a close second.
4. Tell us something about you that would surprise us. I used to be an agent for Celtic musicians. It seems like another lifetime now, but it was definitely another "life" I can assure you.
5. How do you plan to spend your weekend? Tonight is happy hour. :-) Tomorrow I'm spending the afternoon with my brother's boyfriend, making Christmas wreaths and tomorrow night is the Electric Parade down Central Avenue. It's so festive and fun. Sunday will probably be football and some Christmas shopping. I need to get Joe his PS2 before his birthday 12/18, and I got paid today!
RIP, George Harrison. We hardly knew ye...
Here comes the sun, do do do do, Here comes the sun, and I say, it's all right
Well, the puppy didn't quite make it through the night last night, and I apparently pinched that stupid nerve in my neck again somewhere in the midst of her crawling on my head in an effort to be warm. Now I'm on mass dosages of ibuprofen and will have a week or two of recovery... again. Great. It also severly limits my workout ability.
We did get more Christmas lights though, so I'm hoping Joe has decorated our eaves when I return home this afternoon. He's also tearing down the hideous cinder-block BBQ thing in our backyard so we can build a brick patio and put our iron furniture on it. Of course, he didn't expect the thing to have been master-constructed, re-bar and all! He had to procure this nasty huge sledgehammer, which I am glad I won't have to see him use. I just want it magically gone!
Thursday, November 29, 2001
Ugh. I wanted to know what Season's baby was going to be. Figures that little Stinker wouldn't show his/her goods. Sorry you have to wait Season. It's your child - you knew s/he would have to be a little snot. :-)
My little snot slept soundly last night. She slept with us, and never woke us up once. Amazing. Now if we could just do something about that puppy breath. Who on Earth thinks that horrific smell is cute?!?!
Wednesday, November 28, 2001
Whew! I'm finally able to breathe at work; it's slowed down a little again.
We got our Christmas tree last night - a real one we'll plant later. It's lovely. I have quite a few homemade ornaments from my online friends, and it's a good thing. The tree looks so boring without them. I used to like the white lights, silver garland and silver ornament balls, but now it looks too... I don't know. I just need more Christmassy stuff in my house. It looked like Christmas exploded 2 years ago in our tiny apartment (last year we were too busy with the wedding and house buying to decorate), but all my stuff looks like nothing in our house. Amazing. So that's my goal: More Christmas stuff, and stockings for the dogs. Not sure how I'll afford it, but I must try.
On a bummer note, I was going to post a note to Wil about his fabulous appearance on Weakest Link (good call on "Babe" Wil!), but it looks like his site crashed. Must suck to be so popular.
Monday, November 26, 2001
Well, they must have missed me at work. They've piled up about 2 weeks' worth of work on my desk. Grand.